March 12, 2023, Comment off
Essential Tools in Democratic Governance
Lectures will be in Burmese (ဟောပြောပွဲများကို မြန်မာဘာသာဖြင့် ပြုလုပ်မည်)
This training is designed to equip participants with a comprehensive understanding of the complex and interrelated issues surrounding gender, the role of institutions, peace and federalism, elections and party politics, digital technology and democracy, and lobby and advocacy strategies.
From this training, participants will gain an understanding of gender dynamics, gender mainstreaming, and gender-sensitive policymaking. In addition, participants can explore the role of institutions in shaping political and social life and the intersection between digital technology and democracy, including the opportunities and challenges presented by social media, big data, and digital campaigning. Finally, participants will learn effective lobbying and advocacy strategies for advancing their policy objectives.
Schedule of lectures (India Standard Time)
- Gender (Thursday Mar 16, 2023, 9:00AM)
- Institutions, interest groups, and power resources in policymaking (Tuesday April 4, 2023, 9:00AM)
- Digital Technology and Democracy (Tuesday May 2, 2023, 9:00AM)
- Peace and Federalism (Tuesday June 6, 2023, 9:00AM)
- Party System, Electoral System, and Fraud (Tuesday, July 4, 2023, 9:00AM)
- Strategizing on lobby and advocacy (Tuesday August 1, 2023, 9:00AM)
(Each lecture will last approximately one hour.)
The speaker holds a master’s degree in Development Practice from the University of Queensland and Gender, Human Rights, and Conflict Studies from the International Institute of Social Studies in The Hague. She enrolled in the Ph.D. program in Political Science at McMaster University, Canada, in 2021. She has a background in journalism.
Seats are limited. Those in Mizoram will be given priority.